Monday, October 26, 2009

Voice to the unheard

http://itspnyc.org/theater_arts_against.html

This site is dedicated to giving a face, voice, and movement to artist and people who are trauma survivors. Some of the images that I found via this site I found provocative and challenging to watch. I'm not sure if I found them disturbing because of the subject matter that hey provoke or me own experiences with sexual abuse trauma survivors, and I'm not sure it matters. What's important is what is being said and that it's being given a voice and being heard that is the powerful part. I find that in general looking at artist that deal with this intense subject matter, I am moved by the vocals often more so then the visuals. Funny considering that I would consider myself to be a visual person all the way around. GIving a voice to the unheard....

No comments:

Post a Comment